TITLE ONE: Constitution – Purpose – Name – Registered Office – Duration
ARTICLE 1: CONSTITUTION
The Association is formed between the undersigned, between individuals and entities acceding to this Statute and accepting the conditions set out below.
The Association will join the Convention of AEGEE EUROPE.
AEGEE Europe (Association des Etats generaux des Etudiants d’Europe) is an association governed by French law 1st of July 1901, and its registered office is temporarily set at: Mij’n-bouwplein 11 2628RT Delft Holland.
The Association is democratic and participatory. It’s based on advertising of its activities and on respect of ideological pluralism of its members.
ARTICLE 2: PURPOSES
The Association’s purpose is to promote, especially through the student world, the idea of Europe among the European’s youth.
The Association is apolitical, non-partisan and non-religious.
ARTICLE 2 BIS:
The association has been based on the principles of democracy and equality. The association’s activities seek to favorite an open and tolerant society, cooperation, human rights, student mobility and European dimension in education of young people and mutual understanding between cultures, organizing activities and participating in activities both locally and European level.
Excluding the operation of any commercial activity that is not carried in a marginal way and has additional or secondary respect to the achievement of social goals.
ARTICLE 3: AIMS
The Association does not pursue profit.
ARTICLE 3 BIS :
The proceeds of the activities never can be divided among the members, not even in indirect ways. Any operating surplus must be obligatory reinvested for the benefit of the activities institutional statutorily foreseen.
ARTICLE 4: DENOMINATION
The name of the Association is “Association des Etats Ge-neraux des Etudiants de l’Europe – Firenze” short AEGEE Firenze.
ARTICLE 5: REGISTERED OFFICE
The head office of AEGEE – Firenze is placed in Via Cardinale Leopoldo 40, 50124 Florence.
It may be transferred by simple decision of the Directive Committee (CD).
ARTICLE 6: DURATION
The duration of AEGEE – Firenze is unlimited, except the possible denunciation of the Convention by AEGEE FIRENZE or AEGEE EUROPE.
TITLE TWO: Members of the Association
ARTICLE 7 omissis
ARTICLE 7 BIS : MEMBERS
The association has been composed in:
- Ordinary members: Ordinary members are individuals, university and non-university students, graduated and young proffesionals that have payed the annual fee
- Honorary members: Honorary members are persons who have rendered services that are recognized such as, by the Committee Directivity (CD). These members are not included in the annual fee. The nomination of these members has been proposed by the CD and have been charged to vote on the Agora.
All members undertake to respect the statutes of the association and its rules of procedure. Internal order of associations has been inspired by principles of democracy and equality based on the rights of members, the association charges members that are elected and ordinary members that are entitled to vote and to stand with the mode ‘under this statute.
ARTICLE 8: FEE
An annual fee, set at ECU by the Ordinary Agora of AEGEE Europe, must be paid each calendar year. To AEGEE Europe a percentage of this quota is paid as set by the Adhesion Convention.
ARTICLE 9: RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
- Participate in all activities organized by the association, as well as use its services
- Elect and be elected in organs of the association in the way determined by the Statute and by the Rules
- Oral participation and right of voting at the Agora meetings
- If requested, to be informed regularly about the activities of the Association
ARTICLE 10: DUTIES OF MEMBERS
- Comply with the statutes
- Fulfill the agreements made by the Agora and by the CD
- Pay the Association’s fee
- Adequately fulfill the responsibilities of the position to which they were elected
ARTICLE 11: LOSS OF MEMBER’S STATE
The condition of member is lost:
- For non-payment of hte membership fee
- For dissolution, if the subject is a legal person
- For own will, by written notification at least two weeks in advance
- When the member repeatedly goes against the contents of the Statute and the agreements made by the organs of the Association or for reasons considered to be serious by the CD.
The decision to exclude a member is taken by the CD with two-thirds majority of its components.
The member who loses his position by decision of the CD will be notified via registered mail.
The member may, within one month, appeal to the Agora, which will maintain the exclusion or re-admit the member by voting, with two-thirds majority of those entitled to vote.
In this period of time the member loses all his rights of membership.
ARTICLE 12: MEMBER’S RESPONSIBILITY
The assets of the Association is liable for debts made in its name, up to the given amount, for extra debts are jointly and severally liable those who have acted on behalf of the Association: those responsible for the Association’s assets are the President and the Treasurer.
TITLE THREE: Organization and Administration
ARTICLE 13: Directive Committee (CD)
- The governing bodies of the Association are the Agora and the CD
- The number of members of the CD determined dall’Agora in Special Session, it must include a President, two Vice – Presidents, a Treasurer and a Secretary
- CD members are elected by the Agora as part of its components during the first Ordinary meeting dell’anno
- The election takes place with the presentation of two lists of candidates, one for President and one for the other members of the CD.
Members entitled to vote are those who are members from at least 4 months. The member indicates eight names, specifying the name of the President. 4 bis: Will be elected the candidate that will obtain the highest number of votes, if no less than 30 percent. If no candidate reaches 30 percent of the votes will be proceed to ballot on the spot between the two most voted candidates.
- The CD is in charge for one year after his election. 5 bis: If for any reason will be missing the majority of the CD, it will be considered fallen and it must be renewed
- All members can be re-elected
- The Agora in extra-ordinary session may decide to suspend from their duties the members of the CD. Suspended members are entitled to be heard from the agora. Vacancies must be filled within a period not exceeding one week by the Agora that will elect the substitute.
ARTICLE 14: CD FUNCTIONS
- To implement the agreements from the Agora
- Coordinate the work of the Association
- Manage the assets and economic resources
- Pursue the purposes and the Statute that the Association has set as a starting point
ARTICLE 15: CD MEETINGS
- The CD will meet at least once a month on a proposal from the President, and every time a member of the CD or 30% of the members of AEGEE FIRENZE nake a request
- Decisions are taken from the CD by absolute majority of votes in the first ballot and by simple a majority on the second. In case of a tie vote the President will decide.
ARTICLE 16: CD FACULTIES
- The CD can invite to attend meetings of the Agora persons it considers appropriate to take into account. These people have no right to vote
- The CD appoints commissions to prepare the organization for special events, if considered appropriate. These commissions will report their actions directly to CD.
ARTICLE 17: FUNCTIONS OF CD MEMBERS
- Functions of the President:
- Represent the Association
- Chairing the meetings of the CD and the Agora
- Implementing the agreements made during the meetings of the Agora
- Developing the agenda with timelines proposed by the Agora, byt the CD or members, and make it known in the time period set by Statute
- Functions of the two Vice-Presidents:
- Represent the Association in absence of the President
- Attend the meetings of the CD and the Agora
- To support the president in all its functions
- Functions of the Secretary:
- Keep and maintain the Register of Members and the archives
- Keep the log of the meetings of the Agora, which include the agenda, the agreements reached, and the events produced
- Functions of the Treasurer:
- To keep the accounts of the Assoctation and keep the account book, which will be available to all members
- Develop the Association’s general budget with the rest of the members of the CD
- Develop an annual report on the economic progress od the Association. This report will be brought to the attention of AEGEE Europe.
ARTICLE 18: WORKING GROUPS
The CD can decide (on his own proposal or on Agora’s proposal) the creation, for a limited period of time, of Working Groups that take care of certain projects within AEGEE – Firenze
These Working Groups are composed by:
- a Responsible who leads the team and is responsible for his work in front of the CD
- a Complementary Treasurer, financial responsible of the Working Group in front of the CD
- the Complementary Treasurer shall give account of his activities to the Treasurer of AEGEE – Firenze
- by its components, coordinated by the Responsible, that may have other specific tasks.
The Working Group Responsible and the Complementary Treasurer are members of AEGEE – Firenze willing to carry out the relative activity.
The CD and the Agora accept or reject the nomination of these Working Group members.
Each Responsible of the Working Group reports of the WG’s activity during the Agora.
ARTICLE 19: FIRENZE-AGORA ASSEMBLY
I. Firenze – Ordinary
The Ordinary Agora of AEGEE Florence is the ordinary general meeting of AEGEE Firenze’s members and includes all the members of the organization. The Agora meetings are convened by the CD by written communication at least seven days in advance.
This communication contains the agenda of the meeting. Agora’s functions:
- To approve or reject the managing proposals of the CD and the economic budget.
- To elect members of the CD and determine their number.
- To approve the annual budget
II. Firenze – Extraordinary Agora
Extraordinary meetings of the Agora occur when the CD or 30% of Participating Members consider it necessary (in this case it’s necessary to submit a written request to the CD). The Extraordinary meeting of the Agora have to be called by written communication at least two weeks in advance.
Functions of the Extraordinary Agora:
- To change the Statute
- To authorize the sale of AEGEE Firenze’s property
- To decide on the dissolution of their Association
- To take urgent decisions.
Decisions are taken by a majority of two thirds of votes, provided that the assembly is composed at least by 30% of Participating Members entitled to vote.
III. Entitled ones
All members of the Association are entitled to vote at the Agora.
Members declare their vote orally and in writing. All members of the Association may attend meetings of the Agora and those persons whose presence is considered interesting by the Agora.
ARTICLE 19 bis
The ordinary Agora meets at least once a year. In the ordinary Agora decides the majority of voters and is valid when there is a presence of 50 percent of the members’ in the first call.
Extra ordinary Agora is valid in second call any number of the presents but majority of CD must be present and votes with the absolute majority.
The CD can approve written proxy votes, including via email, if the delegate is also a member entitled to vote. Deliberations are summarized in a report prepared by the Secretary, and signed by the President.
ARTICLE 20: DELEGATES FOR THE EUROPEAN AGORA
The number of delegates to the Agora European Union is determined in proportion to the share of members paid to AEGEE Europe. Delegates are elected among the members belonging to the Association. Only one of the delegates can be a member of the CD.
ARTICLE 21: REFUNDS
All those who act as representants of AEGEE-Firenze, entitled by the CD, have their travel expenses totally or partially refunded by the Association.
ARTICLE 22: DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Under the agreement of at least three-quarters of the members of the Agora (equal to at least one-fifth of the total members of the Association), the Association is dissolved. In case of dissolution, its assets are allocated to charity associations or donated to charitable or humanitarian causes.
ARTICLE 23: FINANZIAMENTI
Sources of funding of the Association are:
- The fees of associates
- Other revenues received within any activity
The special fees are determined by the Agora. Some of these fees are sent to AEGEE – EUROPE according to what is specified in the Convention of Adhesion.
ARTICLE 24: RESERVE FUND
Possibly, a reserve fund will be set up annually with the extra incomes of the Association over the expenses. This reserve fund will be used by AEGEE – Firenze for all uses that fall under its social purposes.
TITLE FOUR: Amendments to the Statute
ARTICLE 25: MODIFICATIONS
The amendments to the Statute are made byt the Extraordinary Agora.
Its members must notify in writing the proposed modifications.
The amendments to the Statute must be notified in writing at least five days before the date of convocation of the Extraordinary Agora.
The Extraordinary Agora decides on changes with two-thirds majority of votes that must represent at least one-fifth of the total members.
All changes approved by the Agora have to be included in the original Statute of the CD.
TITLE FIFTH: Final dispositions
The Agorà can approve an internal regulation just to rule AEGEE-Firenze internal matters, according with this Statute and AEGEE-Europe Statute.
Anything not covered in this Charter, apply the rules of AEGEE-Europe, the Civil Code and by law regulating associations and volunteering.
STATUTE dating 14th May 1991 with amendments December 2009